Dr. Asimiyu Olalekan Murana
Acting Director, Academic Planning
About the Directorate
The Directorate of Academic planning, Summit University, Offa ,was established in 2019 with Dr. L. B. Salam as the pioneer Ag. Director. It operates under the office of the Vice-Chancellor and headed by the Director who is a senior academic staff.
- Maintain the academic standards of the various programmes in Summit University, Offa by ensuring compliance with NUC policies in keeping with the best practices.
- Obtain relevant and accurate data for generating information to guide the University Management in accurate and timely decision making on matters affecting the University.
- Build the culture of Quality Assurance in Summit University in line with what obtains in world class Universities.
- Ensure the provision of conducive teaching, learning, research, innovation and invention development environment for the staff and students.
- Ensure efficient and effective utilization of academic resources available in the University.
- Enhance the conformity of the University with international academic standards.
Our Major Functions
Phone Number: +234 803 381 1241
- Serves as the quality control unit of the university.
- Guiding each Unit on the operation of the University Academic Brief which documents the academic plan of programmes and services of the University including the philosophy, mission, aims, objectives, academic pattern, curriculum, organizational structure and future growth and development plans.
- Liaising between the University Management and other regulatory agencies of the Government e.g. NUC, TETFund etc.
- Studying and analyzing how the University complies with regulatory agencies’ parameters for fund allocation.
- d)Obtaining up-to-date, relevant and accurate data for processing and generating information to guide University Management for accurate and timely decision-making on University matters (e.g. staff and students’ records, financial records, research output etc.)
- Performs other functions such as:
- Evaluation of a proposal for the establishment of new Academic Programmes and review of existing curricula for submission to the Academic Planning and Curriculum Committee, Senate and NUC.
- Involvement in the preparation, procurement and distribution of examination materials.
- Coordinates University-wide survey to update data on key matters concerning the University.
- Production of annual reports and publication of the University records, statistics and research reports.
- Coordinates curricula revision and/or review activities as well as ensuring that the University complies with procedures and guidelines on new programme development.
- Analyze collected data for making projections and advising the University on areas of direct concern and attention.
- Provides input into the production and revision of long term, medium-term and short term academic briefs and/or plans and modelling of such plans against reality and University goals.
- Serves as an intermediary between the University and governmental agencies, researchers and professional bodies.
- Analyze and interpret University annual statistics on enrolments, staff training and turnover.
- Performing any other function that may be assigned by the Vice-Chancellor.