Dr. Ganiyu Adebayo Zubair of Department of Political Science, Summit University Offa has been appointed as new Dean, Student Affairs of the University effective from June/ 16/ 2022 followed the approval of the Vice - Chancellor, Prof. Abiodun Musa Aibinu.
Zubair who had his B.S.c, and M.S.c in University of Ilorin and Ph.D. at Kwara State University,Malete, once lectured at College of Education Ilemona via Offa 2006 - 2019. He served as the Pioneer Academic Principal as HOD, Dean Education, Provost (A.g). He also served in different committees, such as Quality Assurance, Teaching Practices, Chairman of SIWES committees.
He joined the service of Al-Hikma University (2019 - 2021) as an Associate lecturer and later transfered his service to Summit University, Offa in 2021. He has equally served and still serving in different capacities. He is currently Dean of Student Affairs. Dr. Ganiyu is married and blessed with children.
Student Affairs Division
The Dean is the head of this units and always available to attend to students on diverse issues on daily basis. This unit is assisted by dedicated teams both teaching and non teaching staff including the Principal Assistant Registrar for guidance and counselling.
This Unit is devided in to the following:
- . Students Activities: This division coordinates the students Activities, lectures, statutory meeting with students representative leaders, control of goods and services for the welfare of the University community.
- . Security: This unit ensures that the security of the school does not compromised for collective interest. Therefore, there are cooperation and collaboration between this unit and security personnels to ensure that students are safe from violence, bullying and harassment. It also ensures that the corporate organizations, clubs and students association conform to the approved standard procedures of the University.
- . Accommodation & Hostel Management: This division coordinates and allocate rooms to students with basic facilities and maintenance culture. The list of available halls are Lateefat Okunnu, Moremi, Lagos Council and Women Council Hostels. However, this unit also provides quality delivery of services to the students.
- . Entrepreneurship: Summit University enlarges the base of entrepreneurs to speed up the the pace at which new ventures are created. In fact, the skills you will acquire while at Summit University Offa includes: Acado Preneurship, Financial Literacy, History Heritage & Story Telling, Islam & Global Citizenship, Clean & Renewable Energy, Family & Leadership and Artificial Intelligence and I C T skills.
- . Guidance and Counselling: This division provides career counselors to various students in order to assist them managing their academic career through life, learning career, career exploration and other career related issues.